Ski chalet holidays in France provide memories that will last for a lifetime. However, you want to ensure that you remember these memories for the right reason. We have all heard about holiday disaster stories, and you don’t want to be one of them. Below, we reveal some of the biggest holiday blunders you need to avoid.
- Getting drunk at the airport – We all get a bit over-excited when going on holiday. And, what else is there to do in the departure lounge other than have a few drinks? Before you know it, you are on your eighth pear cider and you’ve missed your flight. Is it really worth it?
- Failing to stick to the 100ml rule – Ski holidays France based can get expensive before you have even hit the slopes if you forget to adhere to 100ml rule. If you take anything over this limit, such as a 500ml bottle of your favourite perfume, you are going to have to leave it behind.
- Buying ski equipment to take with you – If you want to spend hundreds in excess baggage, go ahead. But, there really is no need to purchase ski equipment for skiing in France. Instead, hire the equipment you need before your vacation. This will ensure that everything is there for you when you arrive.
- Letting your passport expire – You wouldn’t believe how many people get to the airport and discover that their passport has expired. A lot of countries won’t let you fly if your passport is due to expire in a few months. The general rule is to ensure you have more than six months left. Otherwise, you could find that you need to renew it and book a new flight, which will cost a fortune and thus could result in you missing the vacation altogether.
- Running up a huge mobile bill – We know that ski chalet holidays in France are so exciting that you want to share the details with all your friends, but wait until you get home! International call charges and data roaming can cost a fortune.